This exercise has been designed for people who work in the same team. It is very effective in discovering strengths and weaknesses of teams, in particular those of newly formed teams. This activity allows team members to share their views on positive and negative aspects of their team and therefore seek ways to improve them.
Delegates to come up with positive and negative things about their team.
What You Need
- A flip chart or white board
- Marker pens
- Draw a vertical line in the middle of the flipchart sheet or white board, dividing it into two equal parts.
- Write Positive on top of one column and Negative on top of the other.
- Explain to delegates that each has to come up to the board and write one positive and one negative thing about their team.
- Repeat until everyone in the team had a go.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 10 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
How did you find this activity? How easy was it to write something positive? How easy was it to right something negative? Does this activity help you know your colleagues and their way of thinking better? Did you discover something new that you didn’t know before?
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses