This is a fun activity which encourages honest communication between delegates. By sharing their difficult, frustrating or embarrassing moments at work, delegates will help each other in recognising that their problems are similar to those around them and helps to give them a new prospective on work issues.
Participants to share a difficult work experience with others and explain what they have learned from the situation.
What You Need
- A pack of star stickers or similar stickers
- A prize for the winner such as a box of chocolate
- Ask delegates to sit in a circle.
- Explain that a volunteer can share an embarrassing or difficult situation with others and what they have learned from that particular situation for 1 minute.
- Each person who shares a story will receive a sticker.
- Encourage all delegates to take part in this activity.
- The participant with the most number of stickers will win the prize.
Explaining the Exercise: 5 minutes.
Activity: 15 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
What did you learn from this exercise? How did hearing about others’ situations and the way they have dealt with it, help you in dealing with your own problems in the future?
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses