This activity allows delegates to find more information about their colleagues and represent them as a potential model employee for their company. This exercise encourages team building by recognising and respecting team mate’s knowledge and expertise and help to build better team relationships. This activity can be used for people who already work with each other since it emphasises their good qualities. The exercise can also be used as an icebreaker to get people to know more about each other.
Delegates to introduce their partners as a candidate for the ‘Star Employee Contest’.
What You Need
- A sheet of A4 paper for each participant
- Divide the delegates into pairs
- Distribute A4 papers between them.
- Explain that delegates have 5 minutes to find out as much as they can about their partners and record their findings. This information could be anything about qualifications, sporting abilities, ability to play music, cooking, painting or anything else.
- Once the allocated time is over, explain that each person should introduce their partner in their group as the ideal candidate for ‘Star Employee Contest’ by describing their attributes, experience and qualities. They have 1 minute to do this.
- Repeat this process until all delegates have been introduced.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 5 min + 10 min introductions = 15 minutes (depends on the number of delegates)
Group Feedback: 5 minutes.
Did you find any new facts about your partner during this activity? How does hearing about your achievements and qualities make you feel? Do you feel differently about your colleagues now that you are more aware of their contribution and expertise? Would you employ this method or a similar scheme in your workplace to encourage team building and to boost morals?
By Amal Zlitni @ Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:07 PM
I will try this on the last day of my health and safety training in the workplace.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses