This exercise is an effective way to draw delegate’s attention to their strength and achievements. The activity also allows participants to communicate their qualities freely with others and feel more confident about their abilities.
Delegates to complete a series of sentences regarding themselves and share one of them with the rest of the group.
What You Need
- A copy of the worksheet (included below) for each participant.
- Pen or pencil for each participant.
- Distribute the worksheets and the pens between delegates.
- Explain that delegates should complete the sentences in the worksheet.
- Once completed, each delegate has to choose one of the sentences from his or her worksheet and share that with the rest of the group.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 10 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
How did delegates feel about writing and sharing their achievements, abilities and star qualities with others? Did the delegates feel embarrassed about sharing personal information with others? How do participants feel now about the exercise and the sharing process?
Fill in the missing spaces.
- People enjoy talking to me because_________________________
- The quality I am most proud of is_________________________
- My role model’s best quality is______________________________
- I was very proud of myself when___________________________
- One of the kindest things I ever did__________________________
By Driving Lessons in coventry @ Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:49 AM
Fully agreed with your thought, I am impressed with your writing skills; I am waiting for your next update, so please write ASAP.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses