This exercise can be used as an icebreaker or energiser. This activity helps delegates to learn more about their co-workers.
Delegates have to share a work related story with the rest of the group.
- You need one sheet of paper for each participant. Write down a work related question on each paper and fold it. Example questions include:
- What was the funniest thing that has ever happened to you at work?
- What was your most embarrassing moment at work?
- Why do you like working in this company?
- Who is your favourite manager/boss and why?
- Place the folded question papers in a container or bowl and ask each participant to pick one randomly.
- Delegates have to read the questions aloud to the group. Each participant has one minute to share his or her story with the group.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 10 minutes or more, depending on the number of delegates
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
Discuss how easy it is to share information with others? Why is it important to know your colleagues better? What is the effect of more open communication?
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses