This exercise works best in a group of people who don’t know each other very well, people from different branches of a company or organisation or those involved in different projects. This is a fun exercise which needs a bit of creativity and produces a few laughs along the way.
Each team has to identify the false statement presented by the other team.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Each team has to come up with five facts about each team member; however one of these statements is not true. Five minutes is allocated for this part of the task.
- A representative from each team has to read aloud and write down his or her team’s statements on a whiteboard or a flipchart. Examples of the statements include:
“David is a member of his local knitting club.”
“Sue took up mountain biking at the age of 53.”
- Members of the other team have to guess which statement is false.
- Repeat this procedure for the opposing team.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 5 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses