This icebreaker helps delegates get to know each other better while allowing them more control over what they want to find out about others.
Pick three questions and ask these from others. Reveal the collected information to the group.
What You Need
- Papers or index cards.
- Ask each person to write three questions they like to ask others.
- They should consider the following:
- You will have about a minute to ask these questions from others and receive answers so they should be easy to answer.
- Pick questions that people feel comfortable to answer especially since you may not know them.
- Pick questions that will help you discover something new about a person that you wouldn’t otherwise have guessed from their manner and the way they look or the way they are dressed.
- On your mark, ask delegates to start approaching each other and ask their questions. They should move around and interact with as many people as they can within the given time.
- They can write the information on an index card if they wish. Ideally they should memorise the information but as the size of the group goes up this can become quite difficult.
- Allocate 10 minutes for this part. You need approximately 1 minute per delegate.
- Get back everyone together and get them to form a circle while standing.
- Ask delegates to state their names one by one. When a name is stated, others should state what they just learned about that particular person.
- Continue until everyone has participated and stated their name.
Explaining the Exercise: 5 minutes
Activity: 10 min collecting answers + 10 min sharing information = 20 minutes
Group Feedback: 0 minutes
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses