This icebreaker is ideal for the beginning of the course to get the delegates become more comfortable with each other. It can also be used for newly formed teams as an effective team bonding activity.
Pick a nick name and guess the nickname of others.
What You Need
- Nametag with a lanyard. You need as many as there are delegates.
- An index card per each delegate.
- Distribute one name tag and one index card to each delegate.
- Ask delegates to choose a nick name and write it on their index cards and name tags.
- They have free choice in picking a nickname. They can choose it themselves, or it can be a nickname they have been given in the past.
- Delegates should write their nicknames in a way so others cannot see.
- Ask delegates to place the index cards face down in front of them and wear the nametags face down so they are not visible.
- Collect the index cards.
- Go through each index card and state the nickname. The group must now guess who the nickname belongs to.
- Once a correct guess is made, the person with the nickname should reveal his nametag.
- Continue until all nicknames are discovered.
- For the remainder of the session, everyone must wear their nickname nametags.
Explaining the Exercise: 2 minutes
Activity: 5 minutes
Group Feedback: 0 minutes
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses