This is a fast paced energizer that is ideal for an after lunch activity or when you want to boost the moral and get the delegates’ heart rates going! Younger crowds are particularly more interested in this kind of games.
- The objective for each team is to pass playing cards from one person to another as quickly as they can.
What You Need
Playing cards. Depending on the number of delegates involved you may use an extra set as well.
- Get the delegates to sit in two lines in front of each other. Each line will be a separate group. They will be competing against each other for this task.
- A team member on one side should pick up a card from the deck with one hand, pass it to her other hand, then pass it to the next person’s closest hand and so on until the last person puts the card on a deck on the opposite side.
- No one should have more than two cards in their hands at any given time.
- You can demonstrate the movement so delegates will understand what they are expected to do.
- The team should carry on passing card until all cards in the deck are transferred from one side to the other.
- Set up a small prize for the winning group and create a competitive environment for more entertainment.
- Ready, steady, go...
Explaining the Test: 2 minutes.
Activity: 10 minutes
Group Feedback: 0 minutes.
This game makes everyone excited and if delegates are of a competitive nature, they will try even harder to win with amusing results. Some groups are interested in a repeat exercise to improve their performance which you can let them do as you see fit and based on the time you have available.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses