This fun exercise helps the delegates to get to know each other better. It also gives them the opportunity to release statements about their life they may not otherwise do.
Find out which statement is a lie out of three statements given by a delegate.
What You Need
- Paper or cards
- Distribute the cards to the delegates.
- Ask the delegates to write three true statements and one lie on the cards.
- Ask them to be creative.
- For example:
- I have published books.
- I have a degree in chemistry.
- I used to be a boxer.
- I used to be a taxi driver.
- Once everyone completed their statements, ask for a volunteer to read their card. Other delegates must guess what the false statement is. If they got it wrong, they should keep going until they find the lie, usually with a lot of laughter.
- Continue until all delegates have read their cards.
Explaining the Test: 2 minutes.
Activity: 15 minutes.
Group Feedback: 2 minutes.
Ask the delegates if they were surprised by their guesses or new discoveries.
By Nicksy @ Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:49 PM
This is really a good site. I loved these games. Quite creative as well as it serves the purpose. Keep introducing more n more of such games.
Good work guys.....!!
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses