This is a fun exercise that encourages delegates to think creatively and participate with each other towards a common goal. This exercise is physical and artistic and useful as an energizer. It is ideal for delegates who are part of the same organisation, or in particular if they are part of the same team.
Delegates to use cut out of magazines to create a visual of their dream team and ideal workplace.
What You Need
- Unwanted magazines (You may ask delegates to bring a couple of unwanted magazines)
- Printed pictures
- Paper glue
- Flipchart or large sheets of paper
- Pens or markers
- Distribute the materials or place them on a table at the centre for everyone to access.
- Explain that visualising a dream is a powerful way of inching closer to realising it. In this exercise, we want to practice this visualisation.
- Give instructions: “Use the materials provided to make a visual of what you like your team and your workplace to look like. Imagine the team at peak performance and visualise it using the content provided.”
- Allocate 15 minutes to half an hour
- Follow with a discussion.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 15 to 30 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
What was your reaction when first confronted with this activity? Did you think it was simple or were you excited about it? Did your view changed as you got deeper into the activity? Did you feel excited about the dream team and more and more details emerged as a result? Do you think your team can achieve this dream? What do you need to do to get to this ideal? What is the first step, second step and so on? How can you measure yourself to make sure you are getting closer to this ideal?
This activity is also ideal for students and young people. However, interestingly it is also welcome by business people. Business environments are usually serious, so activities like this bring the kid out of people and they get a sense of freedom they may have forgotten for some time. Indeed, once they start participating in this activity, it can be hard to stop them!
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses