This exercise allows participants to use others’ knowledge or experience in solving their problems. The activity also encourages asking for help from colleagues and team mates in solving problems and coming up with a variety of solutions.
Participants to suggest solutions to other’s problems.
What You Need
- A sheet of A4 paper and a pen for each participant
- Ask participants to sit in a circle.
- Ask delegates to write down one ongoing problem they are facing in their professional or personal life on a sheet of paper.
- Each delegate then passes their paper to the person to their left.
- After receiving the paper from the delegate on their right, participants have to write down one possible solution to the problem on the sheet before passing it to the person on their left.
- Continue this until each sheet of paper has been returned to their original owner.
- Ask delegates to read through their sheet and pick the best solution. Ask them to share the problem and the solution with the rest of the group.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 15 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
Did you find this exercise helpful? Do you often share your problems with your colleagues? Did you find a practical and effective solution to your problem through this activity? Will you use a similar system in problem solving next time you are faced with a difficult issue?
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses