This is an interactive exercise which is ideal for groups of delegates who don’t know each other and have never met before. It demonstrates our attention to details or lack of it and shows how much information can be gathered about another person in a short space of time.
Participants to remember and record some information about another person.
What You Need
- A copy of memory card for each participant (See an example of a memory card at the bottom of this sheet)
- Pens for each participant
- Divide the group into pairs.
- Explain that people in each pair have to face each other and have 2 minutes to introduce themselves to each other and chat about whatever they like.
- At the end of 2 minutes, ask delegates in each pair to turn around in a way that they are not facing their partner anymore.
- Explain to delegates that they have now 1 minute to fill in their memory card with the information about their partners.
- At the end of 1 minute, delegates can compare their memory cards with their partner. The person with the most number of correct answers can win a prize.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 10 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
What information did you find from your partners? What types of questions did you ask? Why is it important to pay attention to little details? Would you do anything differently next time you meet a new person?
Your Name: ___________________________________
Information about your partner:
Your partner’s first name:
Your partner’s last name:
His/ her hair colour:
His/ her eye colour:
Does he/ she wear glasses?
His/ her suit's colour:
By Amal @ Friday, November 20, 2009 2:00 PM
Great and easy to use. keep it up!!!!!!!!!!
By viji @ Sunday, December 6, 2009 11:42 PM
an excellent icebreaking exercise
By Amal @ Monday, December 7, 2009 11:00 PM
Excellent and good for brainstorming for people learning second language.
By rambah @ Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:15 PM
cool way to get to know each other!
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses