The aim of this exercise is to emphasise the importance of non verbal communication when working in a team.
The teams should design a specific product without any verbal communications.
What You Need
- A piece of A3 paper or a flipchart sheet for each team
- Coloured marker pens
- Some scrap papers for each team
- Split the group into subgroups of three or four people.
- Each team is given a sheet of paper, some scrap papers and coloured marker pens.
- Ask the teams to design a specific object (e.g. Shoes, Bags, etc.) on their paper using the markers. Team members cannot use verbal communication during design.
- Each team has 10 minutes to finish the design.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 10 minutes
Group Feedback: 20 minutes.
Explain to the group the importance of effective communication within the group. Mention that 55% of any communication consists of non verbal clues. How difficult was it to communicate without speaking? What methods participants used for communication?
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses