The aim of this fun activity is to encourage team work while demonstrating the importance of leadership, creativity and communication within a successful team.
Each group has to organise a university open day event for a group of college students.
What You Need
- A copy of worksheet for each group provided below.
- A flip chart paper or any other large sheets of paper to write on.
- Colourful marker pens
- A copy of Yellow pages or similar directory, a copy of local entertainment magazine or local news paper and tourist brochures for each group.
- Divide the participants to groups of 2 to 3 people.
- Each group has 1 hour to come up with a programme for the open day event.
- After finishing the task, each group will present their programme to the other group.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 1 hour
Group Feedback: 15 minutes.
Did each group manage their time effectively? Did the group nominate a leader or someone assumed the role automatically and others accepted it? How was the task managed? Was there an effective communication between the team members? How did the team dealt with conflicts and contradicting opinions? Did the manager impose his or her own idea on others? Did all team members contributed equally to the task?
Your team was asked by your university to organise a small open day event. The visitors are college students who could become possible students in your university. One of the visitors is a wheelchair user.
You are asked to outline a programme which introduces visitors to the university, resources available to them, cultural information about your city and facilities available for both academic and social life. You should also allocate time for lunch break, transportation within the city if required and contingency plan.
Visitors are arriving at 10.00 am and will be leaving at 19.00 pm.
You have a budget of £1000 which should cover all the expenses including lunch and transport.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses