This exercise helps to test the creativity of delegates on their ability to make stories based on a series of images. Each delegate sees a series of images and needs to make an interesting story that will connects them all together.
Make a sequential story based on three images shown to you.
What You Need
- A series of three related images for each delegate. For example, series A would have 3 related images, series B would have a different set of three related images and so on.
- Explain that in this exercise, delegates get to deliver a story based on three images.
- Ask a volunteer to start.
- Show image 1 of series A.
- Ask the volunteer to say 2 or 3 sentences about it.
- Show the next image in series A.
- Ask the same volunteer to say another 2 or 3 sentences while connecting this to what he has been stated already.
- Continue with the third image until the volunteer has created a story out of the three images.
- Allocate about 3 minutes for each delegate.
- Move on to series B and show then to the next delegate.
- Continue with other delegates until all have delivered a story.
- At the end, ask delegates to vote for the best story and explain why they think it is the best.
- Follow with a discussion.
Explaining the Exercise: 5 minutes
Activity: (3 min * N) = 24 minutes for 8 delegates
Group Feedback: 10 minutes
Who was good at creating an interesting story? Why was the story good? Which set of images proved to be the most difficult to make a story of?
By Dan Miles @ Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:05 AM
And at the end of the session, you can ask the participants to connect story A with story B.
That will show the negotiation ability.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses