Use this exercise as an icebreaker and a warm-up session. You get the delegates to interact with each other and use their memory and cooperation skills.
- Collect the following items from other members as quickly as possible.
- Mobile Phone
- Coffee cup
- Driver’s License
- Receipt of purchase
- USB Memory Stick
- Family Photo
- Marker pen
- Pair of Glasses
Note: As a facilitator, you must make sure that the delegates are in possession of the above items.
- Divide the delegates to a number of groups. These groups will compete with each other over a defined prize. The group that collects the items sooner wins provided then can remember where they got the items from.
- You can’t leave the room.
- You can’t get more than two items from each person.
- You must remember who you got the item from (Association).
- You can talk to everyone.
Explaining the test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 10-12 minutes
Group feedback: 5 minutes.
Instead of using items you can use experiences. For example, find a person who knows how to program computers, or find a person who knows how to play a guitar. Again you need to make sure that some delegates have these skills for the game to function.
Follow the exercise with a discussion on how each group performed, how they cooperated and how they asked for the items they were looking for to get maximum results.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses