This is fun ice breaker which can also be used as an energiser. This creative activity allows participants to become more relax especially at the start of the session.
Delegates to act a reaction to a random story allocated to them.
What You Need
- Sheets of folded A5 paper for each pair with an event written on each. Examples for the events/story include:
- You just realised you won the lottery
- You are in Buckingham palace, meeting the queen
- You have locked yourself out of your car and are late for your sister’s wedding
- You just saw you car being toed away by the police from an office on top of a 10 story building
- Split the group into pairs.
- Each pair has to pick a story sheet by random (from a hat).
- Each pair has 3 minutes to read the story and decide how they want to play their reaction to the story in their paper.
- Each pair has to stand in front of the group and act their reaction to the story in 3 minutes. The pair cannot use any words which would give the original story away.
- After finishing each act, the group has to guess what the pair’s story was.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 15 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
This is a good energizer as it get the delegates to laugh and also pushes them to read body language to understand behaviours.
Training Resources for You
Course Design Strategy
Available as paperback and ebook
Free Training Resources
Download a free comprehensive training package including training guidelines, soft skills training activities, assessment forms and useful training resources that you can use to enhance your courses.
Our Comprehensive Guide to Body Language
Train the Trainer Resources
Get Insights - Read Guides and Books - Attend Courses