Course on Dealing with Difficult Conversations, Becoming Proactive and Managing Psychological Games
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.”
We interact with others on daily basis and our communications can influence different aspects of our lives. Knowing how to communicate well can have a significant impact on an individual’s success and so it pays to constantly train on it and aim to improve your performance.
This course follows on from Communication Skills and aims to expand deeper into many sources of miscommunication. It provides several easy-to-use soft skills techniques that can be employed in establishing rapport with others, strengthening relationships and avoiding common conversational traps. In particular, the course covers areas such as probing and understanding other people’s perceptions, understanding intentions and their impact, taking responsibility and avoiding blame.
During this course delegates learn to manage their emotions better so that these emotions don’t leak or burst into conversations at the wrong moment. Techniques are provided to manage difficult conversations and to avoid getting trapped in a psychological game going back and forth on certain points rather than moving forward to focus on underlying issues or concerns.
All of the techniques explored in the courses are thought using several examples. Many example conversations of poor communication are provided and delegates are encouraged to analyse them. This is then followed by in-depth training on why and how these conversations fail and what can be done to avoid them. This is subsequently followed by improved examples so delegates can see exactly how to use the techniques and what to expect of them. Delegates then participate in several exercises to master these skills. Exercises are carefully designed to help the delegates memorise these techniques during the course and learn to apply them in real-time in realistic situations encountered in the real world.
In this highly practical course participants will learn:
- How do you perceive the world?
- How do you make stories to make sense of what goes around you?
- How these stories come to define your behaviours?
- How can you use story analysis to improve your communication with others?
- What are the two common mistakes made when considering intentions?
- How to avoid these mistakes
- What is the relationship between intentions and their impact and how should you respond to them?
- How should you handle intentions to get the best results?
- What is the best way to share your intentions with others?
- What is the Cycle of Blame and Disengagement?
- What is bad about blaming others when things go wrong?
- What should you do instead when things go wrong?
- How to avoid blaming others
- If you feel strongly about something, how should you express yourself?
- What happens if you don’t share your feelings with others?
- Should you bury your feelings and get rid of them as hard as you can? Should you vent them or should you deal with them?
- How can you use a simple formula in conversations to easily share your feelings with others?
- What is the best way to express your dissatisfaction with someone?
- How to analyse implicit messages in what you say or is said to you
- What is the impact of these implicit messages on people and their long term relationship?
- How to take advantage of the 4-Steps Conversation Technique to significantly improve the quality of your conversations
- Why people get stuck in circular arguments and feel they should not give in to others?
- How can you break this cycle and improve your communication skills?
- What is the “Drama Triangle” and how can it be used to improve your communication with others?
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Advanced Communication Skills Course