“The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.”
St. Jerome quotes
Many studies show that we communicate mainly through body language, especially when we are in an emotional state. Since many of our achievements in life depend on how well we interact with others, it is quite critical to know how to communicate beyond words.
Imagine how much you can gain by reading people by looking at their legs, arms, head, gesture, posture, eyes, mouth and hands, all before they say a single word. You can read their feelings before they tell you about them. There is a huge power in that which allows you to improve your relationships with people, whether at work or in personal life. Many times, a simple eye contact can make all the difference in gaining a person's trust and building rapport, leading to better communication. Knowledge of body language signals can greatly help people in many areas such as communication skills, leadership skills, customer services, sales skills and so on. As a result, the course is structured in such a way to make it as easy as possible for trainers to select content based on their needs and include it in their training courses, or alternatively deliver it as one single course. Trainers can then focus on a subset of non-verbal signals to bias the course content.
The following describes the unique characteristics of this course:
Full Day Course
You can use the training materials provided to deliver a full day course on body language. The course contains many exercises and comes with trainer notes with instructions on how to run the course.
Body language is highly visual and the best way to learn is by imitation, observing case studies and roleplays. After all there are many non-verbal signals to learn such as reading eyes, arms placement, legs placement, head orientation, hands, mouth, zones and other signals. As a result, this course is specifically designed to accommodate these special requirements in a novel way. The course contains a large number of gesture cards which are documented in the workbook and the powerpoint slides.
Body Language is all about reading people's gestures, eyes and body posture. To teach them, you simply need to show a gesture as an image or show it in person, discuss it with delegates, get them to practice it and move on to the next gesture. This course is designed to be modular, so you can easily walk through these gestures as necessary and tell delegates about the significance of each. This way, you can easily use a subset of these signals in any course you deliver as necessary.
Integration with Other Courses
Since Body Language is applicable to just about an area of communication skills, this modularity is indeed a necessity since you may want to address body language in a given course such as conflict management, anger management, communication skills or other interpersonal skills courses and may need to focus on specific related gestures which you can pull out from the set of gestures provided in this course.
High Resolution Body Language Graphics
Each gesture is illustrated with elaborate diagrams showing exactly how the body language signal works in practice. The graphics presented here are specifically developed for this course. Each course contains in excess of 60 illustrations alone. The gesture images are provided in high resolution so you can print them with high quality if necessary.
Each non-verbal gesture is illustrated with elaborate diagrams showing exactly how the body language signal works in practice
Images are provided royalty free. You can print them as many times as you like for your workbooks and distribute them to your delegates.
You can use the images outside a training environment to illustrate body language. These rights are in addition to what you are entitled to as provided in the terms & conditions.
Exercises are provided to encourage learning non-verbal signals and allow a trainer to test the delegates based on content thought. By expressing gestures, it is also more likely that people will remember the content in the future and improve their communication skills.
The Body Language training materials provided by Skills Converged comes in two parts, one covering common gestures (Part 1) and the other covers more advanced gestures and their interpretation (Part 2).
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
- What is body language all about?
- What are universal non-verbal gestures?
- How to read body language
- How to interpret a person's signals on initial contact
- How to read a person's eyes
- How to avoid misinterpretation and deliberate faking
- How to interpret feelings
- What is the difference between positive and negative body language and how does it affect communication?
- How to read a person's confidence and frustration
- How to interpret the eyes and read eye cues
- How to spot lies, dishonesty, doubts and thinking
Many elaborate topics are covered. Examples are:
- What does it mean to show the thumbs gesture?
- What is the difference between showing the back of your hand or your palm?
- What does it mean if a person's eyes look up to the right? What if the eyes look down to the left?
- How to read a person using a cluster of gestures
- What if a person's hand is touching her face, such as her chin resting on her hand, touching her ear, touching her eyes, etc.? How to read different gestures in different contexts
- How would you respond to a dominant handshaker who wants to show he is in charge?
- How would you know if an individual is nervous even if he displays gestures that show signs of confidence?
- Where to look at in someone else’s face to see if they appear trustworthy? Should you take them seriously?
- How to spot liars based on their gestures non-verbal signals
- How to know what a person is going to decide on before he states it
- How to know if a person is not convinced despite showing that he is still thinking about your argument
This course is continued with Body Language Part 2 which contains more advanced gestures provided in the same format.
Course Duration: 1 day. The course is highly modular and you can easily use portions of the course for your own specific needs or timing requirements.
Course Level: Beginners & Intermediate
NOTE: When you purchase this product you get access to all the high resolution images provided in the course.