“The body never lies.”
This course continues on the same format as Body Language Part 1. It covers a more advanced collection of positive and negative body language signals used in personal and professional life. Similar to Part 1, the course comes in a series of ‘Body Language cards’ that describe each behaviour. Slides and workbooks contain detailed explanations on these postures and gestures, when they are used, what they mean and how to counteract them when needed.
This course focuses particularly on handling power gestures, especially those used by people when they intend to intimidate others. These gestures can work on a person subconsciously. This this course helps you identify and learn how to counteract them. In addition, the course covers body language used when you are with a group of people. You will learn about power play, show of status and show of interest all exhibited through body language.
Visual and Modular Design
There are many non-verbal signals to learn about such as hands, arms and legs placements, body orientation, gestures and other signals. Body language is highly visual and the best way to learn is by imitation, observing case studies and roleplays. As a result, this course is specifically designed in a modular way around examples or what we call ‘Body Language Cards’.
To teach delegates, you simply need to show an image of a case or illustrate it yourself, discuss it with delegates, get them to practice it and then move on to the next case.
Integrate with Other Courses
Since body language is applicable to many soft skills courses, you can use the modular design to address body language in any of your courses. Simply pick the appropriate ‘Body Language Cards’ from this package and integrate them to your other courses such as conflict management, customer service skills, anger management and communication skills.
What Is New in Version 2.0
The training materials have gone under a major revision and update. Since the course is mainly visual, we wanted to make sure you get the best and most expressive artwork. You can easily integrate these artworks in your courses when you want to teach body language.
The updates are as follows:
- In-house design. All artwork has been internally designed for the purpose of this course and rendered in 3D with great attention to posing, drapery, lighting and finished quality.
- Includes PNG images. The artwork is provided in the workbook and the slides as usual, but we have also included them as separate files in the package. So now you have all the images in PNG, with alpha transparency for background. Please see licensing and extended rights below to see how you can use these images.
- 4K resolution. Images in the workbook can be printed with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI. Each course in the series contains in excess of 50 images.
- Updated text and cases. All text has been reviewed and cases have been updated or added to make the course consistent within the Body Language Series.
- Updated layout. The workbook layout has been updated to make it easier to use or edit if you want to add your own content.
- Stylish slides. The slides have all been updated to reflect the new artwork and to make them look stylish.
There is an introduction to body language included in Part 1 which is now present only in this product. Bear in mind that if you are teaching other parts of the series, you still have to go through an introduction of some kind for your delegates. For example, you can use the intro included in Part 1 so that they know how to interpret body language correctly and not make conclusions based on a single signal.
Body language images are provided royalty-free. You can use and print them as many times as you want for the workbooks that you distribute to your delegates.
Standard License with Extended Rights
In addition to the standard license for our editable training materials, we also offer extended rights for this course and the images provided in the package. You can:
- Use the training materials and images in online courses and e-learning solutions.
- Use the images for marketing, including online, email and printed marketing, digital documents, or software.
- Post the images to a website or social media site.
Please see our terms & conditions for specific details on allowed use cases and exclusions.
Each body language example is illustrated with stylish 3D graphics showing exactly how it works in practice
Stock Images for E-learning Solutions
You can use the PNG images provided as well as the content of this course for custom made e-learning and online training course solutions.
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
- Power, politics, domination and show of status
- Dealing with difficult people
- Meeting people in groups or in meeting rooms
Many elaborate topics are covered. Examples are:
- What are intimidation gestures?
- How to know if someone isn’t sure of what they are saying based on their body language
- How to take advantage of the power of touch
- How to turn the table if you are dominated
- How to appear serious and in charge
- How to know if someone is going to be argumentative just based on how they sit on a chair
- How a person’s personal zone affects their behaviour
- Why people in large cities appear cold
- How to join a group of strangers confidently
- Where to sit in a meeting room to get the best results
Prerequisites: Body Language Part 1. Depending on your audience, you can also use this course or its content without relying on Body Language Part 1. The introduction to body language is provided only in Part 1.
Course Duration: 1 day. The course is highly modular and you can easily use portions of the course for your own specific needs or timing requirements.
Course Level: Intermediate & Advanced
When you purchase this product you also receive all the 4K resolution images provided in the course (in the workbook and slides). These are PNG files included in a separate folder in the main zip file for the product that you can download after you purchase.
The downloadable zip file is about 530MB.