Packed with Effective Team Building Methods and Concepts, Complemented with a Variety of Interactive Exercises
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skill of the others.”
Norman S. Hidle
Great products and services are made and delivered by great teams. Working in a successful and happy team is extremely satisfying. The cooperative atmosphere, the ease of achieving big results and the sense of significance of belonging to a successful team is very appealing. Working as part of such optimal teams is the dream of any individual and organisation.
This course focuses on transforming a group of people to a team of motivated individuals who work smoothly towards a common goal. Delegates are introduced to the concept of Team Roles and explore different ways of recognising and establishing their roles within the team. This knowledge enables team workers to manage their roles and responsibilities in the team and avoid gaps or overlaps in roles.
This course accommodates two needs:
- Your first option is to teach a series of theoretical learning points about an ideal team followed by exercises.
- Your second option is to get a number of people participate in a series of exercises so that they accumulate a shared experience and end up feeling more as a team.
With the content provided in this course, as explained below, you can achieve both options. The first model is ideal for members of a team who have worked with each other in the past and now want to streamline their communication and eliminate bad habits that might have developed. The second option is more ideal for a newly assembled team.
In this course delegates will learn:
- What are the advantages of working in a team and why should you care?
- What are the three core management responsibilities and what does this mean for team members?
- What three elements should be addressed to avoid ending up with a dysfunctional team?
Team Life Cycle
- How teams progress over time
- How quickly can teams go from one stage to another towards the ideal team?
- What are the ideal leadership styles for an ideal team?
- What roles can each team member take and how does this affect the rest of the team?
- What are the positive and negative qualities of these roles?
- What are the examples of these roles?
- What combinations of roles do you need to have in an ideal team?
- Which types of people are ideal for which types of roles?
- How to visualise a team’s communication channels
- How to identify isolated, overloaded, under-loaded, critical and other types of members? What does this mean for a team
- What are structural components of a team and how do they contribute to a team’s success?
- How does IQ compare with EQ in teams
- What is empathy?
- How to deliver an empathic communication
- How to give and receive feedback
- How to praise
- How to take advantage of non-verbal communications and body language
- How to systematically manage teams based on their maturity
- How to encourage teams to solve problems collectively
- How to increase a team’s efficiency using peer-to-peer and management coaching
- What techniques lead to increase bonding, trust and professionalism in teams
A team building course is about getting people to interact with each other. As a result the course is designed to teach the theory through practice. Every concept explained in the course is followed by a relevant exercise which a trainer can use to further emphasise a key point.
The course contains more than 20 practical exercises that a trainer can choose from to tailor the course based on the delegates’ needs. Delegates will have a chance to participate in exercises on subjects such as coaching, cooperation, problem solving, trust and emotional skills. The exercises include 12 optional activities which can be used to extend the course further or to focus on specific areas based on delegates’ needs. These exercises can be used to increase the bonding between team members through shared experience or collective problem solving. All exercises are exclusive to this course and each exercise has been designed specifically in line with a concept vital to the making of a successful team.
By the end of this course, delegates will learn how to communicate with each other to get better results, how to think beyond the little details and think of the main objective, how to support each other using emotional skills and coaching skills to provide feedback and increase trust and reliability throughout the team.
You can save 20% on the total price when you buy the training products together.
Here is the list of exercises included in this training courseware:
- E49: How Was Your Team
- E50: Qualities of the Best Team
- E51: Analyse Your Team
- E52: Team Participation Skills
- E53: Team Coaching Questionnaire
- E54: Measure it on the ForceField Scale
- E55: Belbin Team Roles
- E56: How to Balance Your Team
- E57: Form a Continuum
- E16: Johari Window
- E58: More About Us
- E59: I Have the Best Staff
- E60: Please Cross the Line
- E61: High Stakes Bidding Contest
- H16: Coaching Form
- E69: Facial Expressions
- E62: Build The Highest Tower
- E63: Avoid the Lightening
- E64: Don’t Break the Egg
- E65: Stepping Stones on Lava
- E66: The Ultimate Team
- E67: Cooperative Piping
- E68: Turn the Sheet Over
- E1: Blindfold Communications
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Team Building Course