Who Is This Self-Study Train the Trainer Course For
This course is specifically designed to help trainers and subject matter experts to learn how to teach better.
The training principles discussed in the train the trainer course apply to delivery of all kinds of courses. They are not just limited to providing training on soft skills. The principles apply to teaching technical skills, software, management, arts and crafts.
The course is designed to accommodate the needs of people who are new to training as well as those who are experienced and have delivered courses in the past.
As the lessons progress forward, you will be introduced to more advanced training topics and get to examine your own training performance much more extensively.
How Is the Course Structured
- Learn at your own pace. Since you can go through the course at your own pace, you can control how much time you want to spend on each topic depending on your needs. Various references to training resources are provided in each lesson for further exploration and study.
- Do homework. Each lesson is accompanied with homework. We recommend that you spend about an hour on the homework for each lesson to get the most from this course.
- Learn from examples. Many examples are provided in the course so you can see how to apply the principles to everyday training situations.
What Areas Are Covered
In 20 online lessons, you will learn about the following:
On Training Methodologies
- How to avoid bad training delivery practices?
- How to take advantage of principles of accelerated learning?
- How to maximise learning?
- What are the barriers to learning and how to avoid them?
- How to get the most from your training courses?
- What to plan before setting up a course?
- How to conduct a Training Needs Analysis?
- What is the optimum way to arrange the training environment?
On Presentation Skills
- How to start a course with maximum effect?
- How to present confidently?
- How to avoid poor statements that can hinder learning?
- How to run exercises to get the most from them?
- How to manage delegates?
- What is the secret in keeping delegates constantly engaged?
- How to avoid being boring?
- How to make a topic more interesting?
On Training Impact
- How to take advantage of the power of story-telling?
- How to ask questions?
- How to handle questions?
- How to manage a group of delegates to reduce potential friction and create a trustable training environment?
- How to respond when you are being challenged?
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more details.