Have you ever attended a course so good that you wanted to tell everyone about it? What leads to such a course? What did the trainer do that had such an impact?
It turns out that delivering a great course is not rocket science; it is an art. In order to master this art, you need to follow a set of practical proven guidelines and learn to apply them skilfully.
The aim of this train the trainer course is to help you master this art.
What Does the Course Cover?
This course is designed to boost your confidence and authority in the class, keeping delegates engaged and helping them remember the content through participation and exercises.
By the end of this course:
- You will learn how to systematically approach any teaching activity
- You will be able to deliver an engaging course using facilitation and participatory techniques
- You will learn how to design and structure your course systematically from the beginning to the end, making your job easier
- You learn about training methodologies that can be applied both to instructor-led and online teaching
- You will go through exercises and quizzes in this online course to practice and test your knowledge
- You get to discuss various aspects of training delivery with other students going through the online course in focused structured conversations
- You will learn how to systematically approach the sensitive beginning of any course and build a foundation that leads to an impressive course
- You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course
Who Is This Course For?
- People who are new to training or are already experienced and want to systematically improve their training delivery skills
- Subject matter experts in any field (including corporate training, software, technical, arts, crafts, health & safety and professional fields) who want to develop their training skills
- Trainers deliverying instructor-led or online courses who want to beat competition by offering the best possible courses in their fields.
- High performance trainers who want to maximise their training impact
- Trainers who want to learn participative techniques and facilitation skills
- Managers who want to empower their staff
There are many courses that tell you how to setup an online course, how to upload your images, make your videos and edit your sound but very few focus on learning and teaching. We think delivering a good course, whether online or not, is mostly about knowing how to teach well and this course will help you with that.
This online course on train the trainer, helps any subject matter expert learn how to teach well and deliver great courses that people cannot stop telling their friends about.
About Your Instructor
This online course is designed and presented by Dr. Ethan (Ehsan) Honary who is the founder of Skills Converged. Through his work on training materials and train the trainer courses, Ethan has helped trainers in more than 100 countries. He is a passionate trainer, researcher and writer who is on a mission to improve the training world and empower the trainers worldwide.
Find out more about Dr. Ethan Honary.
A Complement to the Train the Trainer Book
Train the Trainer:
The Art of Training Delivery
This online course has been specifically designed to complement the Train the Trainer book written by Dr. Honary which has proven to be very popular in the training community. The course includes original content with engaging videos, exercises, quizzes and various features that you can only get through online technologies.
How Is This Course Going to Help You?
The purpose of this comprehensive online course is to turn you into a confident and powerful trainer that delivers:
- How can you make the delegates excited about the topic and keep them engaged throughout the course?
- How can you make the delegates believe that you are the best trainer in the field?
- How can you make the delegates remember the contents of the course for years to come?
- How can you demonstrate to the delegates what they have learned in the course?
On The Design of This Course
We despise run-off-the-mill courses delivered by un-trained trainers—boring and uninspiring courses which lack substance delivered by a person who doesn’t know the content, doesn’t know how to deliver it or neither. This is in fact the main inspiration behind our existence and the desire to support the training community in teaching better. This is the reason why we have spent so much effort, time and money, to design this course and push this field to a whole new level.
The course has been designed based on solid academic research. We have tapped into the last three decades of progress in educational psychology and andragogy, merged with practical experience and observation in day-to-day training. This is literally, “Skills Converged”.
This is not a course filled with boring theoretical content. Instead, the course is designed to include successful practical guidelines which you can easily apply, and they work. We know they work, because we use them all the time in our own training delivery and when designing training materials for the training industry.
The result is the creation of this state-of-the-art course. We aim to provide one of the best Train the Trainer courses on the market.
What You Will Learn
In this highly practical course, you will learn:
- How crucial it is to understand learning styles and how to use them
- How to centre the training on learners rather than centring it on the trainer or the content.
- What it means to be a facilitating trainer as opposed to a lecturing trainer.
- How to establish rapport with your delegates and generate trust
- How to make your content more memorable by appealing to all senses
- How to use visual tools without disengaging, boring or distracting the delegates.
- What to do exactly from the start of the course to the end of the first session, to win your delegates over and make them believe they are attending a “good one”.
- Why you must Establish the Need and how to do it before you embark on teaching an adult on any subject. Learn why the failure to do so is the primary reason that teaching fails.
- How to take advantage of the five seconds rule in organising and setting up your physical training environment, whether you are teaching in a classroom, online, or live virtual.
- How to sequence your content and training from the moment delegates arrive to the moment they leave. You will learn the course structure and see why so many training courses fail because they don’t follow it.
- How to formulate objectives to increase learning.
- How to handle questions to meet delegates’ needs.
- How to finish a course so that delegates leave with a positive feeling knowing what they have learned and why.
- How to be a confident trainer
- What actions and thoughts help you control your nervousness.
- How you can avoid having non-participating delegates by taking pre-emptive actions and avoid all kinds of future problems.
- What you should be thinking about, just before you start the course, and how it can help you immensely with your training.
- How to communicate with intention through your body language, voice and expression.
- How you should distribute your time to increase learning and avoid being a bore
- How to engage and keep delegate’s attention by using the four-step engagement sequence.
- What are the four styles of addressing questions and when to use them to engage and check delegates’ understanding.
- How to formulate questions to make delegates think and maximise learning.
- How to get the delegates practice the skills by going through useful exercises. Learn how to increase participation and learning.