Course on Advanced Management, Contains Many Case Studies, Examples, Conversations and Scenarios Designed to Illustrate Effective Leadership
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“A leader leads by example not by force.”
Getting the most from people and organisations requires strong leadership skills. As products and services become more complex and the role of knowledge workers becomes more critical in the success of an organisation, it is essential to know how to lead and how to motivate.
Great leaders are known for their strong vision, the care they offer for their team, sheer passion for their cause and the tremendous support they provide to help people grow and become better at what they do.
This course covers a variety of topics on leadership and communication skills. It is ideal for those who have had some experience in managing or supervising people and want to improve their skills further. The course follows from Leadership Skills and it is assumed that delegates are already familiar with the concepts discussed in that course.
Since delegates already have some experience in management, this course is designed to address various practical issues that managers encounter every day and provides strategies on handling them. It is packed with exercises, examples and case studies so delegates are constantly pushed to think and re-examine their own attitudes when dealing with people. They learn numerous techniques that will help them improve their interactions and to build trust. A great part of a leader’s role is motivating his team and people around him. This is strongly reflected in various techniques used throughout the course as delegates come across this concept over and over again.
The course provides examples on decision making, delegation skills, managing people and resources, managing brainstorming sessions, crisis management and so on. In addition, delegates get to practice giving short talks to their team or clients in order to improve their public speaking skills.
The course contains various optional content and exercises that can easily be used to extend the course to 1.5 days or even more depending on your requirements.
In this highly practical course participants will learn:
Managing Your Team’s Aspirations
- How to set effective goals for your team
- How to prepare for brainstorming sessions
- How to help your team to generate ideas so you can benefit from everyone’s inputs
- Why some managers are known to be too confusing or demanding? How can you avoid this?
- What is the 5-steps planning technique and how can it be used for problem solving, brainstorming and general planning?
- How can you use business planning guidelines to improve your leadership?
Giving a Speech
- How can you improve your public speaking and presentation skills?
- How can these strategies benefit you when addressing your team?
- What strategies help you improve the opening of your public talks, whether addressing your team, your clients or your stakeholders?
- What is a crisis?
- What types of crisis exist and what are the qualities of each type?
- What do you need to consider when handling a crisis?
- What areas do you need to consider when planning for crisis management?
- What is a contingency plan?
- What is risk management?
- What are your options when responding to risks and how can you incorporate these into your contingency plan?
- How does critical decision making relate to crisis management?
- How can you improve your communication skills with your team by putting yourself in their position?
- What strategies help you gather more information about difficult cases, before expressing your dissatisfaction or saying something that you could regret afterwards?
- What are the benefits of forgiving people?
- How to use forgiveness to empower your team
- What stops you from forgiving others?
- What are wrong attitudes toward forgiveness and how can you change them?
- How to use the 6-steps forgiveness sequence when forgiving people?
- What are various levels of delegation and what can you delegate in each level?
- How to select a delegation level based on how much control you want to retain and how much time you want to save
- What strategies help you formulate your request when delegating a task to motivate the person?
- What strategies help you minimise disruption to other team members so you can manage your team effectively as a whole?
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Advanced Leadership Skills Course