During this intensive interactive 2-day course, you will be introduced to the four cornerstones of training: method, setup, expression and teaching. The course is designed to boost your confidence and authority in the class, constantly keeping delegates engaged and helping them remember the content through participation and exercises.
By the end of this course:
- You will learn how to systematically approach any teaching activity
- You will be able to deliver an engaging course using participatory techniques
- You get to deliver a mini training session and receive feedback
- You will be given homework and assignment to complete
- You will be assessed
- You will get a 130-page detailed workbook and useful checklists
- You will be given a post course video critique
- You will receive a certificate of completion
Your Fundamental Questions Answered
As a trainer you want to answer the following questions:
- How can you make the delegates excited about the topic and keep them engaged throughout the course?
- How can you make the delegates believe that you are the best trainer in the field?
- How can you make the delegates remember the contents of the course for years to come?
- How can you demonstrate to the delegates what they have learned in the course?
The purpose of this 2-day intensive course is to teach you just that; it will turn you into a confident, influential trainer that delivers.
A Complement to the Train the Trainer Book
Train the Trainer:
The Art of Training Delivery
This course is designed and delivered by Dr. Honary who is the author of the popular book on train the trainer. Readers on Amazon and site visitors praise it, and this course is designed specifically to complement the book with the intention to get you practice delivery skills in a supportive environment while receiving feedback.
Practice Makes Perfect
This is an extremely hands-on workshop. Numerous focused exercises have been designed thoughtfully to help you learn and memorise what has been taught during the course and to give you an opportunity to try it out for yourself. By working together with other participants in the course, you can see how each technique is used in practice and how to apply them to your own courses.
A Dynamic Course that Boosts Confidence
All the materials, techniques and exercises in this course have been designed based on solid academic research. Yet this is not a course filled with boring educational theories. This course contains successful practical guidelines which work. We know because we do it all the time and it works.
You will learn how participatory techniques and experiential learning can enhance training.
This course emphasises actions over desires. You will learn to deliver a course that relates to people's everyday training needs instead of focusing on fluffy theoretical stuff.
In this highly practical course you will learn:
- How crucial it is to understand learning styles and how to use them
- How to centre the training on learners rather than centring it on the trainer or the content.
- What it means to be a facilitating trainer as opposed to a lecturing trainer.
- How to establish rapport with your delegates and generate trust
- How to make your content more memorable by appealing to all senses
- What to do exactly from the start of the course to the end of the first break, to win your delegates over and make them believe they are attending a “good one”
- How to take advantage of the five seconds rule in organising and setting up the physical training environment.
- How to use visual tools without disengaging, boring or distracting the delegates.
- How to sequence your content and training from the moment delegates arrive to the moment they leave. You will learn the course structure and see why so many training courses fail because they don’t follow it.
- How to formulate objectives to increase learning.
- Why you must Establish the Need and how to do it before you embark on teaching an adult on any subject. Learn why the failure to do so is the primary reason that teaching fails.
- How to handle questions to meet delegates’ needs.
- How to finish a course so that delegates leave with a positive feeling knowing what they have learned and why.
- How to feel confident.
- What actions and thoughts help you control your nervousness.
- How you can avoid having non-participating delegates by taking pre-emptive actions and avoid all kinds of future problems.
- What you should be thinking about, just before you start the course, and how it can help you immensely with your training.
- How to communicate with intention through your body language, voice and expression.
- How you should distribute your time to increase learning and avoid being a bore
- How to engage and keep delegate’s attention by using the four-step engagement sequence.
- What are the four styles of addressing questions and when to use them to engage and check delegates’ understanding.
- How to formulate questions to make delegates think and maximise learning.
- How to get the delegates practice the skills by going through useful exercises. Learn how to increase participation and learning.
What Will You Get Out of This Course?
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and will receive constructive and valuable feedback.
Prepare a 10 minutes demo training session on a topic of your choice before attending the course. During the workshop you will be shown how to structure and deliver an inspiring, entertaining and informative course. You can then modify and improve your demo session and deliver it to the class at the end of the 2-day course. You will receive a thorough feedback on your session structure and delivery.
Receive Video Critique
A video of your demo session along with more feedback on your performance will be sent to you after the course. This helps further reflection and maximises the learning process.
Who Is This Course For?
- People who are new or experienced and want to systematically improve their training delivery skills
- Subject matter experts who want to develop their training skills
- High performance trainers who want to maximise their training impact
- Trainers who want to learn participative techniques
- Managers who want to empower their staff
We keep the number of participants attending the course to a maximum of 6 to set learning at an optimal level.
Book In-House Course
You can also have this course delivered at your own premises and save substantially. See the list of benefits and instructions on how to book the in-house train the trainer courses.