We have all attended courses where we were bored out of our minds! Almost all of us have the misfortune of attending useless and uninspiring courses. We left these courses thinking we could have skipped it easily and not have missed much!
Have you ever wondered why some courses are a great success, inspiring and memorable while others are forgotten the next day?
As a trainer, is there a recipe you can follow in order to deliver an impeccable course on any given topic? Are there some fundamental principles that you can adhere to and become the greatest trainer in your field?
The answer is yes, and this course will show you how.
Your Three Fundamental Questions Answered
As a trainer you want to learn the answers to the following questions:
- How can you make the delegates excited about the topic and keep them engaged throughout the course?
- How can you make the delegates believe that you are the best trainer in the field?
- How can you make the delegates remember the contents of the course for years to come?
- How can you demonstrate to the delegates what they have learned in the course?
The purpose of this 2-day intensive course is to teach you just that; it will turn you into a confident, influential trainer that delivers.
You will learn that, indeed, delivering a good course comes down to following a series of fundamental principles that once followed will give you guaranteed results.
This course is designed to maximise the knowledge and skill transfer. It is educational and entertaining and, crucially, it is designed to be memorable.
Practice Makes Perfect
This is an extremely hands-on course. Numerous exercises have been designed thoughtfully to help you learn and memorise what has been taught during the course and to give you an opportunity to try it out for yourself.
Through focused exercises, you will get a chance to practice specific aspects of training people in a controlled environment. We believe this is the best way to master training skills. By working together with other participants in the course, you can see how each technique is used in practice and how to apply them to your own courses.
The course itself is an example of how a training course is run; you will see for yourself how the principles work in practice and why you should use them.
The Four Cornerstones of Training and Their 38 Core Guidelines
Having been in the training industry and evaluated courses for years, we have identified 38 core guidelines in four main areas. As you go through each session in the course, you will learn about these key points and see how they manifest themselves in addressing a given training issue.
All the materials, techniques and exercises in this course have been designed based on solid academic research. Yet this is not a course filled with boring educational theories. This course contains successful practical guidelines which work. We know because we do it all the time and it works beautifully.
This course emphasises actions over desires. You will learn to deliver a course that relates to everyday training needs instead of focusing on fluffy theoretical stuff.
The four cornerstones of training are:
Everything you do as a trainer falls under one of these areas and mastering each area will help you become a great trainer. You may be naturally strong in one area, but lack confidence or knowledge in another. This course will help you learn new skills and freshens up your current ones by systematically addressing all areas.
In this highly practical course you will learn:
- How crucial it is to understand learning styles and how to use them
- How to centre the training on learners rather than centring it on the trainer or the content.
- What it means to be a facilitating trainer as opposed to a lecturing trainer.
- How to establish rapport with your delegates and generate trust
- How to make your content more memorable by appealing to all senses
- What to do exactly from the start of the course to the end of the first break, to win your delegates over and make them believe they are attending a “good one”
- How to take advantage of the five seconds rule in organising and setting up the physical training environment.
- How to use visual tools without disengaging, boring or distracting the delegates.
- How to sequence your content and training from the moment delegates arrive to the moment they leave. You will learn the course structure and see why so many training courses fail because they don’t follow it.
- How to formulate objectives to increase learning.
- Why you must Establish the Need and how to do it before you embark on teaching an adult on any subject. Learn why the failure to do so is the primary reason that teaching fails.
- How to handle questions to meet delegates’ needs.
- How to finish a course so that delegates leave with a positive feeling knowing what they have learned and why.
- How to feel confident.
- What actions and thoughts help you control your nervousness.
- How you can avoid having non-participating delegates by taking pre-emptive actions and avoid all kinds of future problems.
- What you should be thinking about, just before you start the course, and how it can help you immensely with your training.
- How to communicate with intention through your body language, voice and expression.
- How you should distribute your time to increase learning and avoid being a bore
- How to engage and keep delegate’s attention by using the four-step engagement sequence.
- What are the four styles of addressing questions and when to use them to engage and check delegates’ understanding.
- How to formulate questions to make delegates think and maximise learning.
- How to get the delegates practice the skills by going through useful exercises. Learn how to increase participation and learning.
What Will You Get Out of This Course?
In this course you will learn about the most effective and recent principles of training. You will engage in thoughtful and useful exercises to test your knowledge and to memorise your learnings. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your learnings and will receive constructive and valuable feedback. At the end of this 2- day course you will be able to approach training in any given topic with confidence and enthusiasm. You are guaranteed to get great results from your courses.
Prepare a 10 minutes demo training session on a topic of your choice before attending the course. During the course you will be shown how to structure and deliver an inspiring, entertaining and informative course. You can then modify and improve your demo session and deliver it to the class at the end of the 2-day course. You will receive a thorough and practical feedback on your session structure and delivery.
There is a homework to carry out at the end of the first day, in preparation for exercises and your demo on the second day. For two days, you will be fully immersed in learning how to teach.
By attending this course, you will also receive all the following:
- A comprehensive 140-page detailed workbook that includes all subjects covered in the course. This will allow you to revisit subjects after the course for revision and references until you can remember them by heart.
- A checklist of what you need to have before the course
- A checklist of what to prepare at the start of the course
You will also receive a video critique. A video of your demo session along with more feedback on your performance will be sent to you after the course. This provides you with an opportunity for further reflection and will help maximise the learning process.
We keep the number of participants attending the course to a maximum of 6 to set learning at an optimal level.
Audience: Current trainers or anyone who wants to train others on any subject matter
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Level: Beginners & Intermediate