Course on Strategic Planning Tools and Frameworks
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“If you don’t have a plan for yourself,
you will be part of someone else’s.”
Good strategy skills are highly prized in corporate leaders. In fact, recent surveys published in the Wall Street Journal, suggest that the most sought-after skill in an executive leader is strategic thinking. It is a skill that can make all the difference for a given organisation whatever its size.
There has been much progress in the art of strategic planning and strategic thinking in the past couple of decades. The methods have helped many successful businesses cope with the ever increasing demands of customers as well as dealing with increased competition in a largely global market.
Fortunately, much like creativity skills, strategic thinking is a skill that can be learned methodically. You can utilise a variety of tools that will help you collect data systematically, analyse them and obtain guidelines to make strategic decisions.
Many of such tools are commonly taught in business schools around the world. In this course, participants will learn about a series of most commonly used strategic planning tools and see how each can help them gain a new perspective on the operation and future of a given business. After each tool has been explored, the delegates will have the opportunity to practice it by going through relevant exercises.
Learn to systematically analyse the competitive situation of a given business and formulate an action plan based on objectives
This course is suitable for anyone who is in a leadership role or in a position where decisions must be made about the current state and future of a given endeavour.
Many of these tools are used in conjunction with each other. Delegates will learn how the results of each can be used as inputs for another or use several tools together to make an informed decision.
In this highly practical course participants will learn:
What Is Strategic Planning?
- Where does strategic planning fit into the overall strategic management?
- What is the best approach to strategic planning?
- How does strategic planning compare to strategic thinking?
- How would you use a handy method to set objectives and popularise them?
Strategic Planning Process
- What are the five stages of strategic planning?
- What is logic model?
- What is SWOT analysis?
- What are the 4 P’s of marketing and how can they help you while applying a SWOT analysis?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of carrying out a SWOT analysis?
Five Forces Analysis
- What is the Five Forces analysis?
- How can you identify threats in a given industry?
- PESTLE Analysis
- What is PEST, PESTLE or PESTEL analysis?
- How can you use PEST analysis to obtain a macro-environmental picture where a business operates and make strategic decisions based on that?
Growth Share Matrix
- What is the growth share matrix and why was it created?
- How can you evaluate business units in relation to each other and their market in order to make better strategic decisions?
- How can you monitor the progress of business units and plan ahead as products go through their product life cycle?
- What is a balanced scorecard?
- What are the three generations of the balanced scorecard and what was needed for the creation of each new generation?
- How can you carry out strategic mapping, set objectives and achieve them?
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Strategic Planning Course