Course on How to Solve Problems as a Group by Brainstorming, Idea Generation and Collective Decision Making
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
In just about any industry or any role, we are almost constantly involved in solving problem. It is what makes humanity progress forward by constantly searching for better solutions to common problems or new solutions to new problems as our societies become more complex.
As the problems have become more complex, the need to solve problems in a group has increased. Groups now contain a variety of experts looking at a problem in relation to their own respective domains. This course is ideal for groups of people who aim to solve problems collectively together. Solving problems as a group has its own unique issues. For example, some people like to dominate a meeting with their ideas at the expense of other less talkative members. This could be because of their character or a political agenda. This can lead to suboptimal solutions. Without a good thinking system a group may never come across novel ideas and even if it does, the idea might quickly be put aside, criticised or ridiculed.
Today, there are many powerful group-based problem solving and brainstorming techniques that can be used to increase creativity and productivity.
The aim of this exercise-driven course is to get the delegate practice these techniques in a simulated environment working on smaller problems. This allows them to learn how these techniques work. If the delegates are from the same organisation, you can also run it as a team building course where delegates go through a shared experience while solving problems. They will learn how to work together and improve their communication skills.
The course is also effective if delegates are from different organisations as they can focus on the details of the techniques and learn from each other’s approaches or how various techniques might be used in different industries.
The course contains many exercises. Optional exercises are also provided so the content of the course can be biased based on the requirements of the delegates.
A series of extra problem solving techniques are also discussed briefly at the end of the workbook. These can be explored by those interested to know more about this topic after the course.
In this highly practical course participants will learn:
What Is Problem Solving?
- Why people fail in solving problems?
- What are the helpful attitudes that can help to solve problems more efficiently?
- What are the ideal roles in a productive meeting?
- What techniques help to improve problem solving?
Defining the Problem
- What techniques are helpful in systematically exploring a problem domain?
- How to search for root causes of problems and visualise this using a powerful technique
- How to generate lots of ideas as a group and methodically organise them as they are generated
- How to use a powerful visual technique to increase the creativity of a group in coming up with new ideas
- How to avoid killing new ideas before they can be given a chance
- How to get a group to cooperate with each other when solving a problem rather than competing with each other
- What should you do to improve your brainstorming sessions?
- What are good questions to ask in a meeting or when someone suggests an idea?
- What are bad questions?
- What are commonly used brainstorming techniques?
- What are their strengths and limitations?
- How to take advantage of a number of powerful qualitative decision making techniques to decide on a course of action
- How to use a system that helps to look at making a decision from many angles
- What is a Work Breakdown Structure?
- How can you use Gantt charts to plan?
- How to analyse work package dependencies to find out how late a work can finish without affecting the overall schedule
- How to analyse requirements to make sure you only focus on those that matter the most and can prioritise your plan
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Problem Solving Course