Course on the Art of Negotiation, Bargaining and Haggling skills
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
"Negotiation in the classic diplomatic sense assumes parties are more anxious to agree than to disagree"
Negotiation is a skill that we use almost every day. However, negotiation is also one of those skills that everyone learns on the job. From early age, kids learn how to negotiate with their parents over what they want and enhance this skill as they learn from their success. However, as we grow we seem to lose that skill and become less successful in getting exactly what we want. Somehow our perspective changes and we develop bad habits. Unfortunately, most people are not trained systematically on negotiations even though this skill can be quite beneficial to them in both their personal and professional lives.
This course covers a wide range of topics such as negotiation strategy, game theory, psychological tactics, human emotional states, bargaining and so on which prepares delegates for a variety of situations that require negotiation. Case studies and scenarios such as business to business negotiations, sales scenarios and product presentations are provided along with slides, animations and illustrations that better help to show how bargaining tactics are played out. Real world negotiation examples are examined in detail and delegates are then asked to participate in similar setups to use the negotiation principles discussed in the course. Comprehensive step-by-step instructions are provided for trainers to help delegates understand the core principles of negotiation and monitor their progress through practicals.
Designed with case studies and exercises from the outset to help delegates master the negotiation skills during the course as quickly as possible
The course also contains a number of optional exercises which along with the broad content provided makes it easy to extend the course to 1.5 days if necessary. Instructions on this are provided in the guidelines for trainers included in the pack to pace the course correctly.
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
Introduction to Negotiation
- Why do you need to negotiate?
- What types of negotiations exist?
- What are the characteristics of a confident negotiator?
- How to handle conflicts in negotiations
- What steps do you need to go through when negotiating?
- What is the difference between negotiation and persuasion?
- What outcome should you aim for?
- How to perform Outcome Analysis
- What is the best negotiation strategy?
- Should you bargain over positions explicitly?
- What is principled negotiation?
- What strategies can you use to take the upper hand in negotiations?
- What can you do to move the negotiation forward when you think it is getting stuck?
How to Negotiate
- What is the 8-Step negotiation preparation guide?
- How to discuss negotiation variables
- How to set your selling or buying limits systematically
- How to manage your Settlement Range
- How to manage concessions when you give them or receive them
- How to break deadlocks
- How to settle a negotiation to get what you asked for
- How to close a negotiation
Emotions in Negotiations
- How to handle negotiations emotionally
- How to bargain effectively
- How to take advantage of human emotional reaction and use that to your benefit
- How to take advantage of body language
- How to express your disagreement while maintaining the relationship
Handling Psychological Tactics in Negotiations
- What are psychological tactics used in negotiations and how to respond to them
- How to handle an angry negotiator
- How to respond to shock tactics
- How to big up your side of the negotiation and bring down theirs
- How to handle their lack of authority to proceed
- How to respond when you are given only one choice
- How to handle a demanding negotiator
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Negotiation Skills Course