Course Covering Giving Feedback and Receiving Feedback for Team Building and Staff Management to Help Improve Communication Skills
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”
Most of us interact daily with others in personal or professional settings and often both. The interaction is always subject to the limitation of the medium used for communication such as words, phone, emails, etc. This leads to the possibility of miscommunication as we may not be able to fully express ourselves. On top of this, all humans are susceptible to making mistakes, an inevitable and necessary part of growth.
Hence, the risk of miscommunication together with the possibility of making mistakes leads to a need to provide feedback to others. In addition, feedbacks are very effective in reinforcing certain positive behaviours so people are aware that they are on the right track.
We have all received feedbacks in different forms from our parents when growing up. However, most of us do not have as much experience in giving feedback. Different types of feedbacks are suitable for different people in our lives. In this course delegates learn various techniques on providing different styles of feedbacks. They also practice delivering praise and explore the extensive benefits of this approach in guiding people in a specific direction.
This course focuses on important areas on giving and receiving effective and constructive feedback. It contains numerous examples on good and bad feedback so delegates can understand why a statement works and another does not.
Techniques are provided for various relationships such as giving feedback to colleagues, subordinates or managers. A powerful technique is also presented which helps delegates to disarm an aggressive criticiser who is intimidating or not as emotionally skilled as they should be.
The course contains many exercises that allow delegates to practice giving feedback to each other under a controlled environment and also analyse a number of feedback-giving scenarios.
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
What Is Feedback
- What is the nature of feedback?
- What do you want to achieve by providing feedback?
- How do we communicate?
- How does miscommunication take place and what can we do to prevent it?
- Why you should not blame others for everything that goes wrong in your life?
- What are the benefits of self-criticism?
- How does self-criticism relate to giving feedback?
How to Give Feedback
- What strategies work best to provide an effective feedback?
- What is a constructive feedback as opposed to a negative feedback?
- What is the best way to formulate your feedback in order to get the best results?
- What kind of feedback works and what kind does not?
- How to use effective body language when giving feedback to show honesty and increase the likelihood of growth for the other person
Power of Appreciation
- How to take advantage of the power of giving gratitude
- How appreciating others’ efforts can significantly increase their productivity
- Why don’t we praise as much as we should?
How to Praise
- How to praise others to reinforce specific behaviours
- What are the critical steps when delivering praise?
How to Criticise Senior People
- What techniques can you use to deliver feedback to senior people or your managers?
- What strategies should you use to deliver a key message while preserving and strengthening your relationship?
- How to formulate your feedback statement
- What is the best opening or closing statements to use?
How to Receive Feedback
- How people receive feedback
- How does knowing how to receive feedback help you to provide feedback?
- How should you deal with aggressively critical people?
- How to disarm an aggressive criticiser using a simple yet powerful technique
- What body language posture and gestures are most suitable when receiving feedback?
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Giving Feedback Course
Used by Trainers Worldwide
Our mission is to help you deliver memorable courses with long lasting results, while taking the least amount of effort and time to run.
A Companion Book For This Course
You can use the following companion book as part of your training resources. You can provide the self-study book yourself or refer the delegates to obtain and read it. You can ask them to go through the exercises in the book as an assignment. If you have a follow-on course you can encourage a discussion and highlight key points on what they learned from the book.