Course Packed with Powerful Tools and Techniques to Facilitate Individual and Group Decision Making & Problem Solving
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“Successful leaders have the courage to take action while others hesitate.”
John C. Maxwell
We make decisions every day. These decisions come to define our life and some of them may have a profound effect on the journey we take. However, making decisions is not an easy task and sometimes you may find yourself pondering on alternative courses of actions for hours, days or even months.
The recent increase in the complexity of our lives, both personal and professional, has made decision making even more critical and time consuming. Fortunately, we have also progressed significantly on decision making tools and now have a comprehensive toolbox, established philosophies and guidelines to use which can make decision making process and problem solving easier than ever before.
This course teaches a series of proven techniques that simply help you to decide. Broadly the course can be divided into three sections:
- What actions can you take and how to choose the best one?
- Is the action you are about to take going to improve the situation?
- How to make optimal decisions as a group?
For each part, a series of techniques are provided, each suitable for a different problem. Each technique is described briefly and is then followed by an example fully describing the technique. Research shows, that delegates always learn better with an example and this course takes full advantage of this fact. Next, after each example, delegates participate in an exercise to learn that specific technique with a hands-on experience which helps them to understand and remember the technique even better.
Each technique is described using an example, followed by detailed explanation of steps taken and an exercise that lets the delegates master the skill.
A series of important philosophical principles are also presented in this course. These concepts help to raise the awareness of delegates on the impact of their decisions on others, how personal benefit may not always be to their best interest and so on.
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
What Is Decision Making?
- What are the characteristics of a good and bad decision maker?
- How much analysis do you need to do?
- What is involved in decision making process?
How to Choose Actions
- How to choose between a set of options where each has its own advantages and disadvantages
- How to make a quantifiable comparison between alternative options
- How to systematically compare related options
- How to systematically compare unrelated options
How to Analyse the Impact of Your Actions
- How to use a measure to compare pros and cons
- How to carry out a force field analysis
- How to compare the benefits versus the costs of taking different options
- How to systematically analyse a cascade of decisions where one leads to another
- How to visualise your decision making process
- What tools can you use to increase your creativity when making decisions so you can come up with more options?
How to Decide in Groups
- What are the implications of deciding in groups?
- Why thinking in groups can sometimes be so frustrating?
- What can you do to increase the efficiency of your meetings?
- How to prevent dominant people from take over the meeting or the decision making process
- How to encourage newcomers or those who are shy to present their views without fear of criticism
- What tools can you use to streamline the process of group decision making?
- How to avoid groupthink, where participants are so eager to reach a decision without causing conflicts that they end up choosing a wrong solution
What Are the Principles of Decision Making?
- Do you always have to make sure you get a better bargain than others?
- What are the philosophical implications of complexity when making decisions?
- What is the best way to plan your course of action and what principles you need to be aware of?
- What can you learn from game theory when making decisions?
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Decision Making Course