Course on How to Manage, Motivate and Support a Team, Includes Several Supervisory Case Studies and Exercises
Fully Customisable Training Course Material
“The art of choosing men is not nearly so difficult as the art of enabling those one has chosen to attain their full worth.”
Making the move to a supervisory role can be demanding and somewhat daunting. For most people, the required skills for supervising others do not come naturally which means they need to learn and apply this new skill systematically.
In addition, many of those people who find themselves in a position where they are responsible in tasking others, don’t realise they are now in a supervisory role. Without formal training, most people would simply copy their own managers and supervisors and if these managers are poor at interpersonal skills, the new supervisors will end up with a lot of bad habits that they could do without.
This course is designed to help delegates gain confidence in supervising others by knowing what areas they need to consider when leading people. Through various case studies, examples and scenarios, delegates learn what works and what does not when managing people. The course also explores several established frameworks of management which gives structure to any supervisory role. These include guidelines to motivate the team, carrying out performance analysis, avoiding and resolving team-supervisor conflicts, problem solving and a variety of intervention methods.
Research shows that such frameworks are essential because many people who are new to supervisory roles are simply unaware of alternative management methods that can be used in different situations and wrongly choose an ineffective style of leadership.
The course is suitable for a variety of supervisory situations. Front line managers, shop floor supervisors and office team leaders can all benefit from this course. The course is ideal for those who are new to the supervisory role or those who have been leading but now want to improve their management skills by going through a formal training and tap into established methodologies on supervision and interpersonal skills.
In this highly practical course participants will learn:
What Is Supervision?
- What is involved in supervision?
- How should a supervisor divide his time?
- What are the major functions of supervision?
How to Address Problems Methodically
- What areas a supervisor needs to look into when confronted with problems and in what order?
How to Establish Rapport
- How to improve communication with others by using empathy
- How to communicate with people when they want to raise a concern
- How to make people feel comfortable so they can share their thoughts with you
- What can you learn from these case studies on supervision?
- What to be aware of if you have recently been promoted to a supervisory role?
- What makes a good supervisor?
- How to support your team and manage their workload
- How to manage your team in relation with other supervisors
What Is Situational Leadership?
- What are the leadership styles?
- How to help employees develop and how does that relate to your supervision
- How should you relate your leadership style to each individual under your supervision?
How to Intervene
- How to use a framework that helps you approach situations systematically, using a variety of interventions
- How to avoid using destructive habits repeatedly when supervising
- What are the alternatives to authoritative leadership?
How to Motivate
- How to motivate your team
- How to provide support and mentoring
- How to carry out performance appraisals
- What are the do’s and don’ts of performance management meetings?
- What are the 7 critical factors in job performance and why you must not ignore any one of them when supervising your team?
What Is Included
Everything you need to run the course:
- Trainer Notes
- Specific Course Guidelines
- Guidelines on Training Methodology
- Course Outline
- Recommended Readings
- Feedback Forms
- Certificate of Achievement
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
Buy & Download Training Materials
- Choose your training materials
- Add to shopping cart
- Get multiple courses to get discounts and create tailored training
- Pay using all major debit / credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- After payment processing, you are redirected to a download page
- You will also receive emails with download links
- Unzip the package and access all the training resources in MS Office format
You can customise, edit and modify the content as you desire
Unlimited workbook reprinting rights
The downloadable training package contains all you need to deliver a course
Designed based on the latest research in educational psychology, cognitive psychology, social sciences and business practices
Designed in line with the principles of accelerated learning
Designed to include many examples, case studies and exercises to improve learning and retention
Order online and download immediately after purchase
Receive editable source files in MS Office 365 (Word DOC/DOCX and Power Point PPT/PPTX) and previous Office versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
About the Design Philosophy of Supervisory Skills Course