“I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.”
Delivering a training course requires many skills. A trainer must know the content well or be an expert in it, be able to communicate well, know how learning works, have a high level of empathy to understand what delegates are going through and be able to show enthusiasm about the content.
Since these are only skills, anyone can master them with correct training. Trainers must feel confident about their domain or expertise, however a good trainer must poses a set of skills directly dedicated to training others and on transfer of knowledge form one person to another.
People always remember a good teacher many years later and the same applies to the training world. Becoming a good trainer is not at all hard. All you need to do is to practice the required skills and have persistence to use them. Next, adjust your performance based on the feedback from your delegates and how much they have learned from your delivery session.
"A Comprehensive Course on Train The Trainer, Utilising the Latest Research in Learning and Effective Transfer of Knowledge"
However, there is a catch. Most people go through many forms of training in their lifetime and when it comes to delivering a training course, many simply copy what was used on them. Invariably they were lectured and presented to during their education and trainers simply use the same techniques to train others. Unfortunately this leads to sub-optimal results since training is very different from lecturing. The most important lesson a trainer must learn is this distinction which does not come naturally and it is a skill that needs to be acquired through practice and persistence.
This course allows trainers to acquire these critical skills by understanding the way they work and delegate’s learning patterns. The course employs the same mechanism to train learners; hence learners can see the method both in theory and in practice. As a result, this comprehensive course allows delegates to learn a substantial amount of content in a very short time. The course is designed to take place over three days. Although this is the recommended length, you can easily modify the content to suit your delegate’s needs and time available for training.
The Train the Trainer course prepares delegates to deliver outstanding training sessions regardless of the topic. In addition, it also prepares delegates to use dedicated Skills Converged training materials which are designed in line with Accelerated Leaning principles discussed in the course. Delegates who go through this course can easily pick up any Skills Converged course and know how best to present it.
Use Accelerated Learning to Increase Pace of Learning
Exploit Human Memory Patterns
Improve Understanding of Group Dynamics
Learn to Teach By Examples
Handle Difficult People & Learn to Coach
Maximise Impact by Delivering a Memorable Presentation
Increase Knowledge Transfer by Configuring Your Environment
Ask the Right Questions and Fully Engage Participants at All Times
Show Confidence Using Correct Body Language
Learn to Focus on Facilitation & Training as Opposed to Lecturing
Training Presentations and Demonstrations
This is a hands-on course that you can access online where delegates learn to practice all the skills taught. Delegates are expected to bring a prepared session to the course and present it. Comprehensive instructions are provided to systematically assess their performance and provide feedback. The feedback is used to tailor the course to their specific needs.
Throughout the course, learners will participate in many exercises designed to teach them specific skills such as sequencing, delivery, body language, verbal skills and so on.
Home assignments are provided where participants are expected to prepare for next day’s training sessions.
Finally, participants present their sessions and get assessed on their performance. Again, comprehensive instructions are provided on assessment. This is recorded based on 4 sets of criteria on content, delivery and sequence which is explore during the course. Delegates who pass according to a set standard will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
In this highly practical course delegates will learn:
How Learning Works
- What is Accelerated Learning and how to take advantage of it in a training environment?
- What are instructional methods and which types are suitable for training?
- What is Competency Based Training?
How to Sequence Your Content
- What is an ideal order of content to go through when delivering a course?
- What should be included in the introduction?
- What should be included in the body?
- What should be covered at the end of the course?
How to Present Your Content
- How to balance the distribution of your content to get best results?
- What is the effect of using examples and case studies in training?
- How to monitor progress?
- How to deliver the information to increase memory retention and learning?
- How to exploit repetition?
How to Plan Your Training
- How humans process information and what does it mean for a trainer?
- What materials do you need to run a course?
- What tools to use to boost the effectiveness of your training and increase learning pace?
- How to use little-known MS Power Point features to enhance your training?
- How to prepare for deliver a course?
- Preset prepared training sessions
- Receive systematic feedback on these presentations
- Prepare new training sessions for assessment
How to Master the Art Delivery
- How to take advantage of Cognitive Training Model to focus your training on your learner and get best results?
- How people learn?
- How people forget?
- How people can learn together?
How to Take Advantage of Your Environment
- What is an ideal training room configuration for specific courses?
- What training aids can you use?
- How to control pace?
- How to take advantage of body language?
How to Deliver Using Effective Verbal Communication Skills
- How to handle questions?
- What are questioning strategies and when should you use them?
- How to formulate your questions to get best results?
- How to increase delegate participation?
- How to coach?
- How to increase enthusiasm?
- How to avoid bad questions?
- Design and structure a new training presentation for demonstration
- Practice on delivering this presentation using new techniques learned in the course
- Receive feedback on delivery of this training presentation
- Implement feedback to improve the session
- Review content covered in the course and participate in recap exercises to reinforce learning
- Receive feedback for prepared training sessions before delivery
- All delegates present training sessions based on specific instructions. These sessions are prepared throughout the course based on specific exercises and home exercises taking place after each day of the course.
- Receive systematic feedback based on 4 sets of criteria on delivery performance.
- Delegates need to score based on a set standard to pass the assessment and receive a certificate of achievement.
Course Duration: 3 Days
Course Level: Beginners & Intermediate
You can also complement this course with a comprehensive book on how to deliver courses using proven methods and avoiding bad training habits.
See Train the Trainer: The Art of Training Delivery (2nd Edition)