This is a simple activity that helps you understand how your delegates feel as well as making them reflect on their own state of mind.
State how you feel using a single word.
What You Need
- Give one card to each delegate.
- At a given point during the course, or just after a specific learning point or exercise going through the following.
- Ask delegates to think how they feel and write a single word on their cards that best describe their feelings.
- They should not see what others write.
- They should write their word in large letters on their cards.
- This is a quick exercise so don’t allow too much time. Delegates should be able to write the first thing that comes to their minds. Ask them to be honest. This is not a test and they will not be judged.
- When everyone has finished, ask them to hold out their cards for all others to see.
- Encourage observation and discussion.
Explaining the Exercise: 1 minute
Activity: 1 minute
Group Feedback: 2 minutes
Are there similarities between the chosen words and feelings? What are the variations? What is the general mood? What is the cause of the mood?