Get Updates to Exercise Database by Email
Team Building, Communication Skills, Large Group, Giving Feedback, Appraisal
:::: 48 Ratings :::: Monday, May 30, 2011
This exercise helps delegates to better understand each other and also gives them an opportunity to provide anonymous feedback. It is a rather simple exercise though can be quite revealing as people get to understand what others think of them. The exercise works best when a lot of people are involved (for better anonymity) and who know each other well (for better feedback).
Provide feedback on each person’s flipchart based on the given criteria.
What You Need
One flipchart sheet for each delegate.
- Distribute the flipchart to all delegates.
- Ask delegates to write their names in block capital on the top centre of the flipchart.
- Ask them to divide the flipchart to 4 columns:
- “What I am good at”
- “What I am bad at”
- “What I should be rewarded for”
- “What I should immediately improve on”
- Ask delegates to hang these on the walls or spread them all on a large table so everyone can access them and write on them.
- Ask delegates to walk around and provide answers on the 4 questions for each person.
- You should not write on you own flipchart
- If you don’t know a person well, you can skip his flipchart
- Once you decide to provide feedback for a particular individual, you must provide feedback on all areas
- You should move around swiftly and randomly so the voting becomes more anonymous
- You can write in block capitals to increase anonymity
- If what you want to write is already mentioned for someone, simply highlight it by placing an X next to it
- Allocate about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the number of delegates
- After the allocated time, ask delegates to find their flipchart and review it.
- Bring back everyone together and ask each person to share the most important lesson they learned with everyone else.
Explaining the Exercise: 5 minutes
Activity: 10 to 15 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes
What did you learn in this exercise? Where you surprised what others said about you? What are you going to do about the feedback you have received?
There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.
Rate = 2.31 out of 5 :::: 48 Ratings.