Get Updates to Exercise Database by Email
Games, Exercises, Team Building, Exercises for Kids, Attention and Focus, Learning
:::: 156 Ratings :::: Monday, January 4, 2010
This is a fun and noisy exercise that is ideal for a recap situation. You have thought a subject to your delegates and now want to test their knowledge or encourage them to review it. This exercise helps you to achieve this using a light hearted competition.
Form a line in a grid by answering questions and beat the other team
What You Need
- Flipchart of whiteboard to draw a grid on.
- A series of questions. These should be prepared before the exercise. Examples are given below.
- Two coloured sets of post-it notes.
- Divide the groups to two teams.
- Draw a grid of 4 by 4 on the whiteboard or flipchart.
- Write a letter in each of the squares. These letters must match your questions as explained below.
- Assign a unique post-it-note to each group.
- Explain that the objective of the game is to form a vertical or horizontal line of 3 squares. The first team that makes a line wins.
- At each step, ask a question related to the subject that you want to recap. For example:
- Name an animal class name that starts with B? Bird
- Name a bird that swims starting with P? Penguin
- What T leads to the effect of ___ on ____?
- For each step, expect the correct answer from the team. The team that answers correctly first wins the round. Place their post-it note on the square with the corresponding letter.
- Teams can compete to answer questions in a way to block each other on the grid.
- Continue until a team wins.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 15 – 30 minutes (depends on the difficulty level and the size of your grid)
Group Feedback: 5 minutes.
- Instead of winning by making a 3 square line, teams can win when you making a 4 square line.
- Use a grid larger than 4 by 4 to make the game last longer.
- Groups can win using diagonal lines as well.
- Use duplicate letters throughout the grid. When a team wins, ask them to choose which letter they want to stick their post-it note on. This allows them to follow a strategy much like the classic game of Connect 4 and compete with each other.
There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.
Rate = 2.22 out of 5 :::: 156 Ratings.