This is a fun exercise which demonstrates the importance of communication and feedback in the success of a team.
Participants to guide their team mate in throwing some balls into a waste basket.
What You Need
- 10 Tennis/Golf balls
- A waste or any other similar basket
- Ask for a volunteer to stand in the front of the room.
- Place the basket about half a meter behind the volunteer.
- Ask the rest of the delegates to sit down facing the volunteer.
- Explain that the volunteer has to drop as many balls as he can into the basket using the directions and feedback given by the rest of the participants.
Explaining the Test: 2 minutes.
Activity: 5 minutes
Group Feedback: 5 minutes.
Ask the volunteer which types of messages were most helpful? What would the volunteer suggest on improving the type of feedback given?