This fun exercise aims to encourage team work and creativity within organisations. The delegates get to test their design skills and learn to communicate their ideas effectively to other team members.
Each team has to come up with an advert for a chosen product.
- Split the group into subgroups of three or four people.
- Each team has thirty minutes to design and script a one minute advert for a product chosen by the trainer. This could be anything that is available in the room from a pen to a box of tissues or A4 papers.
- At the end of thirty minutes, each group plays the advert for the rest of the group.
- Each advert is assessed based on the clarity of its message, presentation and acting.
- The team with the best advert wins a prize.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 45 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
Get the group to discuss each advert. Encourage discussion on the strengths and weaknesses of each approach. How did teamwork, planning and brainstorming affect this project? What was neglected in the brainstorming? Why did this happen? Did any group use systematic brainstorming approaches to explore all areas such as using mind maps?