This exercise works best in a group of people who don’t know each other very well, people from different branches of a company or organisation or those involved in different projects. This is a fun exercise which needs a bit of creativity and produces a few laughs along the way.
Each team has to identify the false statement presented by the other team.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Each team has to come up with five facts about each team member; however one of these statements is not true. Five minutes is allocated for this part of the task.
- A representative from each team has to read aloud and write down his or her team’s statements on a whiteboard or a flipchart. Examples of the statements include:
“David is a member of his local knitting club.”
“Sue took up mountain biking at the age of 53.”
- Members of the other team have to guess which statement is false.
- Repeat this procedure for the opposing team.
Explaining the Test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 5 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.