Use this exercise as an icebreaker and a warm-up session. You get the delegates to interact with each other and use their memory and cooperation skills.
- Collect the following items from other members as quickly as possible.
- Mobile Phone
- Coffee cup
- Driver’s License
- Receipt of purchase
- USB Memory Stick
- Family Photo
- Marker pen
- Pair of Glasses
Note: As a facilitator, you must make sure that the delegates are in possession of the above items.
- Divide the delegates to a number of groups. These groups will compete with each other over a defined prize. The group that collects the items sooner wins provided then can remember where they got the items from.
- You can’t leave the room.
- You can’t get more than two items from each person.
- You must remember who you got the item from (Association).
- You can talk to everyone.
Explaining the test: 5 minutes.
Activity: 10-12 minutes
Group feedback: 5 minutes.
Instead of using items you can use experiences. For example, find a person who knows how to program computers, or find a person who knows how to play a guitar. Again you need to make sure that some delegates have these skills for the game to function.
Follow the exercise with a discussion on how each group performed, how they cooperated and how they asked for the items they were looking for to get maximum results.