This is a structured icebreaker that encourages delegates to share something about themselves and in the process get to know each other better. It is a simple and yet very effective method in making a group of people quickly feel more comfortable with each other.
Declare a number of topics and encourage a conversation.
What You Need
- Blank tag names with enough space to fill in based on the instructions provided. Any easy method is to use labels and simply get delegates to attach these to their clothes in a place that is easy for others to see. You can also get them to wear a lanyard as shown in the image.
- Give each delegate a blank name tag.
- Ask delegates to answer the following questions on their tags:
- My name is...
- I have a question about...
- I can answer a question about...
- Ask delegates to go around and choose a partner to talk to.
- After 5 minutes, ask everyone to find a new partner.
- Repeat for a total of three rounds.
Explaining the Exercise: 1 minutes
Activity: 3 * 5 min = 15 minutes
Group Feedback: 0 minutes