The Clock Buddies Training Tool
The Clock Buddies tool provided here allows you to quickly and efficiently pair up delegates. You can change the pairing by calling a different symbol. When you call the symbol everyone can look at their respective disks to find out who they need to partner with. You can use the clock buddies tool for business training courses, for teachers in schools, for lecturers in universities or even for sports.
You can find out more on how this works by reading our guide on clock buddies.
The Clock Buddies tool allows you to quickly generate all disks with the correct details on them for a number of participants. You no longer need complicated clock buddies templates, samples, worksheets or charts. Just add the names of the participants to the tool and generate one disk for each person.
To use the tool you need to login first. Once logged in, you can see the Clock Buddies tool at the bottom of this page. If you are not yet registered, you can register here.
The following video shows how the tool works.
How to Generate Printable Handouts
- Simply add the names of the participants in your class to the text box below. The tool supports up to 26 people.
- Choose the type of symbols you want to display on the disks. For example you can choose the English Alphabet.
- Click on “Generate Clock Buddies” to produce a disk for each person.
- Click on “Print Ready” to get a version ready for printing. Each disk is printed on a separate page. You can then cut them to shape or even laminate them for extended use. You can also easily export the clock buddies as PDF.
How to Use
- Suppose Katie, Ali, Samia, Sherin, Liz and Nicola are in the class and each have their own disks (with their name on the centre of it).
- You call, “Class, get into groups with your ‘B’ partners”.
- Everyone now looks at their disks, finds the name of the person next to ‘B’, and pairs up with that person. For example, Samia goes with Katie, Ali goes with Nikola and Sherin goes with Liz.
- Calling each symbol leads to a different pattern so you can constantly mix the groups. For example, with pattern D, Liz goes with Katie, Ali goes with Sherin and Samia goes with Nicola.
- Note that if you have an odd number of people, one person should either work alone or should join a pair to form a group of 3. You should instruct as necessary. This is marked as “Stay Out / Join a Pair” on the disk for that person.
We are eager to know what you think of this tool. Please let us know if you require new features. Please either use the comments section of the guide to clock buddies or use the forum to share your views. In the future, if there is enough request and demand, we can also consider generating clock buddies for groups of 3 or 4.