“The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”
Time is of essence. We all know that the recent advances in technology have made us far more accessible than before. The newfound productivity in the workplace has put a lot more demand on what we need to produce. It is natural for most people to feel overwhelmed by how much they have to do in the time available. Filtering tasks that are irrelevant and implementing time management techniques can only get you so far. Eventually, the only way to scale up and get more done in this world is by delegating tasks to others.
Just about anyone who is successful is highly engaged in delegating tasks, otherwise they would never be able to become as big as they have become. Delegation skills, much like many other soft skills, can come to define an individual’s success and can prove to be much more important than focusing on certain technical skills.
This course is designed to help participants master the art of delegation by overcoming the fears that prevent people from engaging in this activity and make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. Many people know the benefits of delegation but are afraid to use it. The systematic approach presented in this course, along with the benefits, ideal strategies, do’s and don’ts, can help anyone to scale up and become instantly more productive by delegating.
Many people are afraid to lose control of a task when they delegate or get substandard results. Many guidelines are provided in this course that help participants use the right strategies and know what level of responsibility and authority to use at each point. Participants will learn how to delegate in a way that increases their own productivity in the long term by allowing growth for the delegatee.
This course contains several exercises that help participants examine their own mentality towards delegation and steadily build up their confidence. Several roleplay exercises are provided that help participants to practice delegating to others in a realistic setting and under supervision of a tutor. The training materials contain everything you need to run this course.
In this highly practical course participants will learn:
- What are the benefits of delegation?
- What happens if you don’t delegate?
- Do we need to delegate more than ever before?
- How critical is it to master delegation skills?
Why We Don’t Delegate Enough
- Why are we afraid of delegating?
- How to overcome barriers to delegation
- What are the best strategies to delegate?
- What should you delegate?
- Who should you delegate it to?
- When should you delegate?
- How should you delegate?
- What are various types of delegation and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each type?
- What is the ideal level to delegate to and why this matters?
How to Delegate
- How to setup the scene and describe a task to a delegatee
- What to avoid so you don’t undermine yourself?
- What is the 6-Step delegation process?
- What is the significant of each step and what happens if you miss a step or don’t do it properly?
- How to put the delegation technique into practice by getting inspired from example scenarios
How to Monitor and Control a Delegated Task
- What problems can you expect when you delegate a task?
- How to prevent problems by monitoring
- How to avoid micromanagement
- How to delegate to a team
- How to monitor your own performance to improve your delegation skills
How to Coach
- How to empower people so they can do more in less time
- How to help people grow by coaching and guiding them in the right direction
- How to approach coaching systematically to get best results
- How to avoid asking the wrong questions
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Level: Beginners & Intermediate