This exercise allows participants to recognise and appreciate the range of talents and achievements each individual brings to the team. Identifying and acknowledging individual abilities increases team members confidence in what they can accomplish as a group.
Delegates to identify and record their individual qualities and achievements and recognise their contributions as team members.
What You Need
- A sheet of flipchart paper
- Marker pens
- Divide the group into teams of 3 to 4 people.
- Each individual in every team has to share at least 2 personal or professional achievements with the rest of the team.
- Having discussed the experience or the story, the team should decide on the quality and strength of character shown by that delegate.
- They should write two qualities for that person on paper.
- For example, if David has successfully negotiated a deal with an important client in the past, negotiation skills should be written on the paper.
- Continue this process for all the members in each team.
- Allocate 15 minutes for this part of exercise.
- Continue with a discussion
Explaining the Test: 2 minutes.
Activity: 15 minutes
Group Feedback: 10 minutes.
Ask delegates how this exercise has helped them in identifying their strength as a team? Has the exercised helped them in identifying a quality which was overlooked before? How can they contribute more as team members?